Health Information – Ethiopia
Keeping healthy is relatively straight forward if you are sensible about what you eat, where you eat it and keeping clean. Our group will be carrying a full medical kit including a full sterile kit.
What you must bring as an indiviual:
• Sunburn – high factor sun cream
• Insect Bites – insect repellent and antihistamine cream
• Diarrhoea – Rehydration salts (Imodium should be used only when travelling)
• Blisters and Cuts – plasters, antiseptic cream
• Aches and Pains – paracetamol and Ibuprofen
• Immunisations – you must visit your doctor for personal advice and prices. You must have a yellow fever certificate and may need some boosters. You will probably be told by their GP that you are required to have or should have the following vaccinations: Yellow fever, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid and Polio. Meningococcus meningitis and rabies are optional.
• Anti Malarial Medication – There are a variety of malaria options. Areas can be considered malarial under 2000 meters above sea level. Follow the advice of your doctor.
Things to do…
• Visit your doctor and dentist
• Prepare a small medical kit to include painkillers, plasters, bite cream and any other necessities.
• Get fit and healthy!!
Useful websites: https://redplanet.travel/mdtravelhealth/destinations/ethiopia